Donations to support our efforts to:
Remember Our Past
- Historical research of the American Revolution.
- Preserve the records of Revolutionary War Patriots.
- Mark the locations of the Revolution: its events and its soldiers.
- Celebrate anniversaries of the Revolution.
- Help people locate and evaluate genealogical records.
- Preserve records relating to the events leading up to and during the American Revolution.
The SAR was a major force behind the construction of the National Archives in Washington, D.C., and the collection of historic documents therein.
Promote Core Values
- Carry out the purposes of the Preamble of the Constitution.
- Follow the injunctions of Washington's farewell address to the American people.
- Inform our community about the events and philosophical bases of the American Revolution and the Constitution.
- Foster true patriotism.
- Promote fellowship among their descendants.
Shape Young Minds
- Maintain and extend the institutions of American freedom.
- Inspire the community with a reverence for the principles of government founded by our forefathers.
- Sponsor youth awards programs, including essay and oration contests for students, based on historical and patriotic themes.
- Distribute history curriculum and educational media resources across the country.
- Important events and persons of the Revolutionary period are portrayed for students and the public at large